JP Saxe's song "If the World Were Ending," featuring Julia Michaels, is one of the greatest songs I have in my Spotify playlist. Not only is it one of my favorites, but it is also one of the most-heard tracks from my playlist. According to JP Saxe, the song's original writer and singer, the song was inspired by a true event that occurred in Los Angeles.

For me, this might be one of the most beautiful love sad songs ever written in history. First thing up: If you haven't heard this song, please put your earbuds in your ears obviously and listen to it, isolating yourself from everything. This song was nominated for the song of the year, in the year 2020. I came across a reel where one couple was singing this song inside a car and I was totally in love with that mood, and then I came across this song on YouTube and I don't regret hearing it.

What does this song reminds me? 

I was distracted

And in traffic

I didn't feel it

When the earthquake happened

When things go wrong, our first thought is always negative. How are they doing? Similar thoughts do cross our minds. Because this song was written in response to the Los Angeles earthquake, it's pretty obvious that it was written in response to the possibility of the world ending. 

I know, you know, we know

You weren't down for forever and it's fine

I know, you know, we know

We weren't meant for each other and it's fine

These four lines remind me of the imperfections that we carry within ourselves while being in a relationship. Things never go as planned and they don't work out but it's fine. We recognise when things become difficult, and letting go is also a part of love. So, that makes everything fine. But …

 Also read - If you love someone, let them go?  

But if the world was ending

You'd come over, right?

You'd come over and you'd stay the night

Would you love me for the hell of it?

This song reminds me of "Hope." We hope that makes us believe that "yes, it can work out" It also tells us that relationships have flaws and that's something we need to accept to make them stronger. Accepting that fact and having a hope can really make one's heart to trust in "starting again". As the conversation starts with a harmless earthquake and the song starts, The real question is, "What if a real situation arose, would you come over?" ignoring the flaws, fights and our misunderstandings?" That's what the song is about.

Read more -What if the world was ending ?